Truly Victorian Imperial Bustle

Im using some Truly Vic patterns to start with another Project, my Eye Watering Plaid dress. First things first, a Proper Large derriere. 

This is my fabric, a lovely polished synthetic that looks like carnivorous alien plant life: 



And of course I have the amazing pattern by Truly Victorian, 





The hooping as well. I have hooping, but I wanted to make the first one to the ideal measurements. 


For my boning channels Im using up some vintage (60s) bias tape I inherited. Yay, reduce reuse and recycle, (CHA!)


Love how this looks. OMG, it makes me sad I put them on the inside. 



My fabric choice came from a long tablecloth/runner, so had limited fabric. I wasn't able to ruffle the whole back but I got a good few flounces. I LOVE box pleating. Seriously. LOVE IT.




These are the inside of the bustle, before I flipped it out. 


And what it looks like under a petti. 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spring/Summer Wardrobe, Shorts Plan

Ariel Pink Dress Tutorial Part One

Truly Victorian Edwardian Underpinnings; TVE02