Truly Victorian Edwardian Underpinnings; TVE02

Image result for truly victorian edwardian

Petticoat, silk, cotton, AmericanCombinationsImage result for black ruffles

Ok, I must admit. I am bitten by the Gothic Romantic Bug. Typically this leans a bit toward Victorian, however, with the decadent costumes of Crimson Peak I couldn't help myself. It was hard too, because I have bits and bobs for white, cream and ecru, enough to make plenty of white, sensible Edwardian undies with no issues and no further money spent. And I was gonna do it too, I was going to lock my inner 14 year old crying for goth ways in her room and sew with what I HAD. 

Um. 


For Christmas I got a 35 dollar gift card for JoAnns, and while there I found this. One dollar a yard. Six yards on the role. 

OH COME ON!!!

So off I went, digging through my gargantuan stash. I know I have enough black to kit together a decent mourning undie set, I KNOW it. Just took some looking. I found about four yards of black cotton, and a thin, mystery poly slightly shiny? Also a thin black fabric, kinda like a super thin gabardine? Lastly I found three rolls of smaller lace, a disassembled thin black linen cloak and three rolls of black lace hem tape. 

YES! SCORE!


Prometheus lended a paw by keeping the drawers warm and posing magnificently for inspiration. 



















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spring/Summer Wardrobe, Shorts Plan

Ariel Pink Dress Tutorial Part One