Truly Victorian Edwardian Delicates; TV E01

2018 Family Portrait



  

Pattern Truly Victorian E01

Supplies For TV E01::

 


The fabric for the corset is a lovely faux suede curtain, (Historical Sew Fortnightly January baby!) Two sizes of gross grain ribbon (Hobby Lobby 50% off ribbon spools, love it!) cotton thread, and pearl cotton thread for flossing. 

The Pattern Cutting and er, well, Cutting again: 



I really don't like cutting expensive patterns. Expensive being, anything I didn't pay .99 cents for at JoAnns. I bought TVE01 and TVE02 from Old Time Patterns (Old Time Patterns Etsy ) for 14.00-16.00 dollars. So I used this lovely roll of tissue paper I have on hand and traced, then cut the pattern. Then I pinned and cut again. I HATE THAT. SERIOUSLY. Im a cut twice measure never kinda seamstress so this was a particular circle of Hell for me. But I did it. Cause I wanna keep this pattern as long as possible. 


Sewn together, easy, simple IF YOU KEEP EVERYTHING LABELED. The pieces are SO similar  and the curves fit together in a way which makes it something you want to do in one go. Don't cut and then walk away. Cut, the sew the panels together immediately or you will confuse yourself. Don't be me. Be a smart Seamstress (Tailor/personwhosews).


Sewing boning channels, I.E. I cannot sew a straight line but darnit if I care. Used gross grain ribbon to outline the channels as per instructions in the pattern. I also added a waist-tape, not well mind you, but its there. Yay! Bust stolen from a previous, sad little Victorian corset. RIP sad little corset. I boned the channels with like, four zip ties. Ok, I know I should REALLY use spring steel for the best result, however, HOWEVER: I dont have the equipment to cut my own, and dont have the patience to measure and then send out for pre cuts. Just zip tie it. I mean, if I REALLY hate it, I can always replace them. DONT JUDGE ME. 


Oh Gawd. Lookit all those crinkles. Wrinkles! Pulling every which way! Its like a magnifying mirror on my face. UGH. 

Boning the corset removed quite a bit of these, and Im adding some lovely draping FORGIVING lace at the top of the bust to assist me in damage control. The flossing should assist. SHOULD. Oh please let it assist. 

Oh gawd. 

Also a sneak peak of the chemise! 



















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spring/Summer Wardrobe, Shorts Plan

Ariel Pink Dress Tutorial Part One

Truly Victorian Edwardian Underpinnings; TVE02