Orient, Influence of:





Some prelim shots of the fabric and shape Im intending to make.



The design itself is going to be from Nora's Book :


an 1850's dress, and while it has ruffles I intend to NOT to them. Cuz ruffles are a pain in the tooch.



After some math I conclude softly that I need 2 1/2 for the top and sleeves, not including the over part, and 3 1/2 for the skirt and, if I were going to do them, 5 1/2 for the ruffles. WHo needs that mess? Anyway, Ive got almost 7 1/2 yards of the brocade (A poly blend but its purty) and I am cautiously optimistic.

Comments

  1. Cautiously optimistic is a wonderful phrase.
    And the fabric truly is pretty. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have such a weakness for brocades. This one is gorgeous!

    I'm eager to see this finished and in action....?

    I love ruffles but they are SO time consuming, so I can't blame you for altering the design and cutting them out. That fabric looks great on its own, anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Hana-Marmota. I got it for a steal at Hancock. (7 yards for like, twenty bucks)

    graverobbergirl: Yeah, ruffles can go suck eggs for all I care (currently sewing several ruffled tiers on a petticoat)
    To finish this project I have to make three mock-ups; the first to slice and spread and size up the pattern, then thesecond and third to fit me to the T. I imagine its gonna be a little while.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Spring/Summer Wardrobe, Shorts Plan

Ariel Pink Dress Tutorial Part One

Truly Victorian Edwardian Underpinnings; TVE02