Kermit Korset







All Behold! Repurposed Kermit Leather Bag Into Waist Cincher Corset! 3/4's DONE



More Kermit Below

The bag was covered in these little kermie faces, a kind of dark green on beige thingy.









During one of my many forays into the Goodwill Outlet I came across a beige purse with lil Kermits all over it. I snatched it up, despite its broken handle, because, well, KERMIT. I figured that I would probably salvage the kermie patch and maybe some of the fabric.


I dont know when I decided to make it into a waist cincher, it just popped into my head. I used a Burda pattern, which I will post a bit later. Anyway, there is no boning, just some interfacing between the front and lining.



I used a dark green velvety stuff to break up the pattern because there was not enough Kermit Leather to make the full cincher. The lining is a lovely, if eccentric lime green crepe-backed satin. Probably Poly. The bias tape edge matches the lining pretty well.

After putting this together I began to think of historical period costumes... Maybe a Kermit flavored bustle gown?  



Modeled on my loverly sister


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spring/Summer Wardrobe, Shorts Plan

Ariel Pink Dress Tutorial Part One

Truly Victorian Edwardian Underpinnings; TVE02