Disney World

Okay, recently I have been able to fulfill a lifelong dream of mine, and you know, every other girl between the ages of two and two hundred. I am going to DISNEY-WORLD FOR THE FIRST TIME...

... at 26 years old.

Okay, yeah, a little too old to dress up, which vexes me greatly... until I realized that I could go during October and be able to go to the Halloween party! Which means I can Pretty, Pretty Princess it up, baybee!!However, there is the endless debate as to which Princess to be. Honestly, while I have all the regular favorite, Belle, Ariel, and the newest, stunning Elsa, I have always adored Snow White. Maybe because  to the absent father-figure, maybe because of the apple-love, and maybe because of how gory it is. (Omg, red hot shoes, poisoned combs, tight-lacing to asphyxiation and choking on a bit of mushed apple) Also, the dress, which being red, blue and yellow makes no sense to anyone except someone who has access to only primary colors.

Anyway, I obviously have chosen Snow. However, I want to make more dresses. So, obviously, I invited my nieces along so I can make more!

E, my eldest niece at around thirteen is going as Jasmine and A, younger niece is to be Cinderella. But ho boy this was a difficult choice. I made the misatke of ASKING them. And E chose Elsa as her favorite and A chose Tinkerbell. Forgive me, but Im not letting TWEENS dress like sexy, sexy Elsa and Tinkerbell. Its just a recipe for danger and lemme tell you, A has ALREADY got a lot of Junk in the Trunk for  twelve year old. I do not need the kind of stress which comes with realizing my baby nieces are female.

So, I asked for a second choice, and got Jasmine and Cinderella.

Wait, Jasmine is dressed a little revealing as well Holly!

I know that. Of course I know that. BUT I have decided to help them stand out a little in a crowd of Princesses, Im going to make the dresses with a base of historical costume. That way I can fudge a bit and still get it going. So, here we go.

PLANS

Firstly, My dress. I have most of the fabric, and its going to be a typical Snow White. Long circle skirt, satin bodice, red sleeves and blue ribbon with a Truly Big White Collar. More on that in my next post.

More interestingly the nieces.

E Niece.

Jasmine.



Typical Arabian beauty. Pantaloons, curly toed shoes. MIDRIFT REVEALED SO MUCH SHE NEEDS A TRIM IN CERTAIN PLACES AS PART OF HER MORNING DRESSING. Nuh uh.



And here we are. I have this pattern on hand and I began thinking about how to incorporate it. Pantaloons? Check. But wait...

I
Have
An
IDEA!!!!!

Its called a Brain. Its where I get Ideas!

I decided I'm going to use almost the whole pattern for version B, the lovely lady with NO stomach showing. The blouse will remain white, the cincher will be gold, and the pantaloons green brocade with gold detailing. To imitate the little bustier Jasmines got going on there I'm going to make the little vest out of green brocade too, which will pull the whole outfit together! Yay! 

Historical, modest verion of Jasmine, CHECK!




A NIECE

Cinderella. Ah, truly a classic dress.



But wait, that isn't the dress I remember!



 

MUCH BETTER. I've always like the silver/blue, white version to the blue/light blue one. Seems all the more magical that way. Anywho, classic dress. So, how to make it from a pattern, still channel the intrinsic Cinderella-ness BUT make my niece feel like shes unique? My solution?

Yo Ho



Okay, no pirate Princesses. BUT this dress would really match Cinderellas'. Replace the split skirt with swags, as puff sleeves instead of 3/4 and BOOM Instant Cindergirl.




The silverblue, top right is the underskirt, the shiny white under the pattern is for the swags and sleeves and the transparent embroidered bit is what I'm using for the bodice.

Anyway this is just a planning post. And it has come to a close. Ta ta!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spring/Summer Wardrobe, Shorts Plan

Ariel Pink Dress Tutorial Part One

Truly Victorian Edwardian Underpinnings; TVE02