Lucy Red Grand Parlour Skirt

OK I HAVE CREATED THE SKIRT TO MY RED LUCY DRESS!

Yep, I did it. Most awesome, I know, although weird new considerations. Firstly, the fabric:



And so I decided to do the Grand Parlour Skirt from Truly Victorian, which I had ordered from Etsy. Which looks like this:



Okay, here is the picture of what I wanted the dress to look like.



Long parlour skirt, tight top off the shoulders, long tight sleeves with this awesome wicked lace.



So I began skirting-with some help from Prometheus. ( I was in charge of sizing, pinning, cutting and assembling, he was in charge of being cat-like, sprawling, and attacking various things like my sizzors, my fabric, my feet and my hands. Good team)



So here I pinned it together on Blue



And sewn up on Blue
 
 




And here is is on me.






J

I’m pretty happy with the outcome, but strangely enough it doesn’t feel well, wicked enough.

See I wanted the dress to be a vampiric Lucy Westenra dress, all dramatic and wicked evil but the dress seemed to be more festive then vampiric. Oh well. J


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spring/Summer Wardrobe, Shorts Plan

Ariel Pink Dress Tutorial Part One

Truly Victorian Edwardian Underpinnings; TVE02