Historical Sew Forthrightly

I am gonna go for it. Why not? I'll be a silent player in the background and if nothing else just get INSPIRATION, which is a costumers bread and butter.

.....


I just thought of myself as a costumer... Holy Hera! Wow. Lol.

Anyway. Challenges:

  • #2: UFO - due Jan 28.  Let’s get something off our UFO pile! Use this opportunity to finish off something that’s never quite gotten done, or stalled halfway through.
I'm thinking... I'm thinking... I'm thinking.... CHEMISE AND PANTALOONS! I've had them cut out for ages, just haven't had the interest in making them. Maybe some chemise and pantaloon action here...
  • #3: Under it all – due Feb 11.  Every great historical outfit starts with the right undergarments, and, just in time for Valentines day, here’s you’re excuse to make them. Chemises, corsets, corded petticoats, drawers, garters, stockings…if it goes under your garments, it qualifies.
Okay, part of me wants to say, my corset. BUT corsets scare me. Maybe Mums cloth corset? She wont be having boning in there because of her back...
  • #4: Embellish –  due Feb 25.  Decorations make the historical garment glorious. Whether you use embroidery, trim, pleating, lace, buttons, bows, applique, quilting, jewels, fringe, or any other form of embellishment, this challenge is all about decorative detail.
I have no idea... seriously. NO CLUE. 
  • #5: Peasants & Pioneers – due March 11. As wonderful as making pretty, pretty princess dresses is, the vast majority of people have always been poor commoners, whether they were peasants working the land, servants in big houses, or (later), pioneers carving their own space in new lands. This fortnight let’s make something that celebrates the common man.
Ooo! This ones easy. I need to do some work for my cotehardies. I need either a wimple and veil or apron to go over them. Hoo, can't wait!
  • #6: Stripes - due March 25. The stripe is one of the oldest patterns, appearing in the earliest textile fragments and visual records of garments, and its never gone out of style since. Celebrate stripes with a striped garment. Will you go for grand baroque stripes, pastel rococo stripes, severe neoclassical stripes, elaborately pleated and bustled Victorian stripes, or something else entirely?
Okay, lessee here... I've got several striped things.... I've got this beigey stripe on white, this thin blue on white...a section of black and white stripe....
  • #7: Accessorize – due April 9.  Accessories add polish to your outfits, helping to create the perfect historical look. This week is all about bringing an outfit together. Trim a bonnet, paint a fan, crochet an evening bag, sew a shawl, or dye and decorate a pair of shoes to create the perfect period accessory for yourself.
I want to knit a heartwarmer for my soon-to-be-alive civil war gowns... maybe that? Or gloves, could always use gloves...

Of course this is all hypothetical and dependent upon my mood. :)

Wish me luck. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spring/Summer Wardrobe, Shorts Plan

Ariel Pink Dress Tutorial Part One

Truly Victorian Edwardian Underpinnings; TVE02