Sew Forthrightly-And Other Stuff



Okay, I signed up to participate in the Sew Forthrightly which is totally awesome and has already helped me finish a piece that, honestly, I wasn't really gonna. THANK YOU! (I love my green cotehardie, its like a T-shirt of the Medieval Era. It rocks my batman socks clean off.)

Now, onto plans for the next challenge and what else Im gonna do : Corset-waist cincher-Other Plans
(This is just a planning post, those of you who read for the pics, feel free to ignore


Okay, so the next challenge is...

Underneath It All
  • Somewhere in Time
  • Every great historical outfit starts with the right undergarments, and here's you're excuse to make them. Chemises, corsets, corded petticoats, drawers, garters, stockings...if it goes under your garments, it qualifies. And it's just in time for Valentines day ;-)

    When you are done with your project, post a photo of it in the ALBUM for the challenge (go to Photos on the main page, find the album, click on it, and then click on Add Photos in the upper left corner).

    Be sure to tell us:

    The Challenge:

    Fabric:

    Pattern:

    Year:

    Notions:

    How historically accurate is it?

    Hours to complete:

    First worn:

    Total cost:

See? How fun is this?!?!

So my plan is to make a simple corset, maybe not even boned something to just suggest the line of dress. (Or maybe I'll bone it with plastic or something, you know, a Starter Corset kinda thing) I am also using the lovely Katafalk's tutorial for an underbust corset, which I will use as a waist cincher (Because I like that design better than the squater design of an honest waist cincher) which is located Here

http://katafalk.wordpress.com/2010/06/24/underbust-pattern-tutorial/

I am super excited to begin, and hope that this time I will be able to make the designs without too much drama, lol.

Also in the works is the Peacock dress, the Orange-You-Glad-This-Isn't-Your-Fabric waist high skirt, and most recently, my suit shirt 50's dress with faux red waist cincher.

Wish me Luck!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spring/Summer Wardrobe, Shorts Plan

Ariel Pink Dress Tutorial Part One

Truly Victorian Edwardian Underpinnings; TVE02